Walkinstown - West Dublin?

dereko1969

[broken link removed]

Was going to post this in Location, Location, Location
but just wondering when Walkinstown became part of West Dublin? Is Terenure regarded as being part of South-West Dublin? They're both around the same distance from Grafton Street. I would have regarded West Dublin as being past the M50, is it linking Walkinstown with all the gang-killing and telling people ah it's West Dublin so it doesn't 'matter' they're always killing each other 'out there'?

Thoughts?

I always thought there was South and North Dublin. Boundary changes are usually made by snobs.
Finglas, when it comes to Gangland shootings, is a massive area which takes in parts of Castleknock and Glasnevin but when it comes to the sale of houses, Finglas is a tiny area.
i.e. boundaries change when the powers that be want it them to change.
The media usually play a big role in this, similar to the way the deaths of the lads in Waterford and the death of Katy French were reported.

[broken link removed]

Was going to post this in Location, Location, Location
but just wondering when Walkinstown became part of West Dublin? Is Terenure regarded as being part of South-West Dublin? They're both around the same distance from Grafton Street. I would have regarded West Dublin as being past the M50, is it linking Walkinstown with all the gang-killing and telling people ah it's West Dublin so it doesn't 'matter' they're always killing each other 'out there'?

Thoughts?

Terenure with postal code 6W is on the South Side. Terenure with postal code 6 is masquerading as Terenure, but, is really Templeogue or maybe Rathfarnham, but, is probably inhabited by people who should be living in Tallaght, which is a deposit transferred in error from the Northside in God's great design. Similarly, Sallynoggin, Ballyfermot, Drimnagh, Crumlin, Ballybrack etc are not technically on the Southside, but, were originally squatter ghettos established to house domestic servants migrating from the Northside and employed by civilised people on the Southside. Howth, Sutton, Clontarf and Malahide on the other hand were colonies founded by evangelical Southsiders to deepen the gene pool on the Northside and introduce new dialects such as Dort, the use of cutlery, daily washing habits, increase Irish Times readership etc:D

The media also refers to Walkinstown as being in Co Dublin e.g. Ireland AM scrolling text on TV3 and they are up in Ballymount. Lets bring in Zip Code's and really confuse people and wreck their heads!

Back