Walk in Wardrobe

corkcuu

We are having a walk in wardrobe in our new house - any ideas where we can get this kitted out. Dont want doors on the units but want the frame of wardrobes with rails and drawers etc.
Any ideas where in Cork or on the net i would be able to go about getting this?
Thanks!

the doors are just seperate peices - if C&C won't sell the insides seperately the panelling centre will

Make them yourself - you'll get all you need in your local hardware shop including the Melamine (veneered chipboard) - don't go to Woodies and Atlantic and the like as in my experience they are more expensive for this stuff. They are really easy to make, you can buy the melamine in different widths/colours for the shelving and buy all the rails in various lengths and cut them to size. It's labour intensive but in my experience I saved 800 euro on doing them myself over a guy who quoted me to do them. It cost me a little over 150 euro for the materials !!.

Have a go yourself.

And of course the advantage of making them yourself is that they are made to measure and you shouldn't left with any gaps/space at the end !

I got my walk in wardrobe from IKEA and found it easier than I expected to install. I've got a room 3.5x1.6 mtrs and have two units at either side of the short wall floor to ceiling. If I had the room I would have made our wardrobe bigger but it is still a vast improvement on my last house.

thanks i have tried Cash & Carry & the Panelling Centre but neither are great to be honest as it isnt a very standard size room. C&C did a better job at making the space work but it was €1350 which is pay too much IMO.

Any other suggestions other there? has anyone got them made?

I forget the name of the place but its a kitchen and wardrobe shop up by Planet on the mallow road (just up from mc donalds in blackpool). They do all the internals for a walk in wardrobe. Also I think Noel fuliginati (sp?) kicthens (number in golden pages) does it.

Thanks - the panelling centre & In-house are the same place. They werent great to design it cos its a non standard size.

Any one any experience with B&Q for it?

We had our wardrobe fitted by Western Post Form www.westernpostform.ie - i can send you a pic if you pm with your email address.

WPF are based in Galway but operate nationwide - we are in Newbridge.

Can recommend them highly enough for service / quality / price.

Back