Walk in Wardrobe - Is 5.5K as a quote v expensive?

polo1

Could anyone tell me if the following is v expensive? I have about 6.3 meters which is to be made up of units in my walk in wardrobe consisiting of shelving and hanginspace and some mesh baskets. The room is rectangular do some of these units will go around corner. The average depth is .5Mtrs and the height is 2.3Mtrs. There will be no doors on these units and will probably be walnut effect. I have been quoted 5.5K for supply and fit from a company in the Dub 10 area? Who else could I get a more reasonable quote from?

seems very expensive, get a break down of labour and cost of materials...i got all my internal wood (beech effect) for my sliding wardrobed from woodies, it was 16 feet long and only came to around a few hundred euro's, i made 4 seperate hanging area's, a wide set of 3 drawers and a narrow set of 4 drawers and loads of shelving in between...i did it over a weekend

mine was 3500 and its huge. two rails in each robe, one over the other. a walk in and two lockers. all top quality timber. fitted and all

johnnyg - We have enough work to do in the house besides fitting wardrobes, but thanks for the suggestion... will keep it in the back pocket.

Coola - Would you mind telling me where you got yours please?

There are plenty of threads on these.

Try robeplan (www.robeplan.com), they are in Ballyfermot. Significantly cheaper than other company we looked at, and the quality is top notch. We're in the process of ordering a 3.5m wide wardrobe, quoted approx. €2700. They also do walk in wardrobes.

Thanks quinno. Emailed my sketch off to 2 more places and got 2 quotes back around the 3.5k mark so will def be going with one of them
Emailed to Robeplan and awaiting a quotation so thanks for help everyone.

My walk in wardrobe was fitted by my dear old Da using several sheets of mdf; which I painted to match the walls once the fitting was completed.

I have 3 hanging rails on one side and floor to ceiling shelves on the other; room for iron & ironing board, my shoe collection and rather too much hiking and camping gear. I have several wicker baskets on the shelves to hold the smaller underwear/socks etc.,

It's very effective, I can see everything, don't have to open and close doors/drawers to find stuff and more importantly can put laundry away in no time.

Since my dear old Da works for free (well, board and lodging plus copious quanities of tea & bikkies!), I can't quote you on the labour cost - but the materials cost was very low and mdf is easily repainted unlike most veneers which once chipped can't be restored.

hi, I can't give you a full quote for you walk in wardrobes as we have them integrated in our new build but we went up to IKEA at the weekend and their walk in wardrobe shelving, shoe racks, baskets, rails etc are so cheap and quite a big variety of styles to choose from. eg, baskets £7, rails £4, wooden shelving to ceiling £35. Anyway, that is were we are going to get ours. Were could you go wrong, as they say!

Coola,

Could you let me know or recommend who did it for you. My sister in East cork is doing a renovation job, and is looking for a walk in wardrobe fit out.

Thanks
Wexfordman

Looking for a walk-in wardrobe but most firms so not carry walnut interiors and can only offer beech colour. Anybody got any other name than Robeplan in the Dublin area that may stock dark colour interiors? They all have walnut doors but I don't require doors and only need the interiors.

We got a quote for a 6ft x 6ft walk in wardrobe, 2 walls only for €1250 from cash and carry kitchens (supply only). No doors (though why anyone would want wardrobe doors in a walk in wardrobe is beyond me!
Waiting on quotes for fittin. Have one for €1500 but I think thats way too high for putting up some shelves.
Might take a look at the IKEA website.

I got my walk in wardrobe kitted out a few years ago by getting my second fix carpenter to buy the sheeting (Pine veneer) and the rails etc in one of the kitchen supply places in Carrigaline and he made up the units. 4 hanging rails, shelving , shoe rack and the whole lot including Labour came to around €750 euro. The Space is roughly 7 X 7. I think paying €5K plus is madness.

Looking for a walk-in wardrobe but most firms so not carry walnut interiors and can only offer beech colour. Anybody got any other name than Robeplan in the Dublin area that may stock dark colour interiors? They all have walnut doors but I don't require doors and only need the interiors.

I believe Skon have dark coloured interiors. I've recently ordered from them, but haven't had the wardrobes fitted yet.

Try A.B.A.K in Walkinstown. Excellent fitters and good quality.

Back