Walk/hike:looking for route suggestions

Male Doon

Hi, Myself and a couple of friends usually go on a two-day walk each Easter. We have completed the Wicklow Way and I was wondering if anyone knows an alternative route, perhaps a coastal walk. This year, we are doing just a one-day walk, on Good Friday. We are Dublin-based but we would consider a walk in any of the home counties (Louth/Meath/Wicklow) or even Wexford. We walked Curracloe beach one year during the foot-and-mouth scare when country-side walks were banned (2001). I t was enjoyable but a bit featureless...any suggestions would be welcome - as long as you don't tell me to take a hike full stop!

Glendalough Horsehoe - terrific but strenuous walk - particularly the start up Camaderry - commonly known as Cardiac ridge.

A good seven hour walk.

mf

Glendalough Horsehoe - terrific but strenuous walk - particularly the start up Camaderry - commonly known as Cardiac ridge.

A good seven hour walk.

mf

I'd second that. There are numerous walks at Glendalough, I've done only one though. The view from the ridge we walked along was spectacular, as was looking down on the miners path (I can't remember the proper name for it).

There would a good choice of routes there.

Thanks very much for the replies...got some ideas on the websites suggested. We've done Crone Wood twice in the last few months, quite strenuous in parts. A seven hour walk...mmm..a bit ambitious maybe for one day. I suppose we'd be looking to do 4 or 5 hours max, medium elevation, without having to spend too much time travelling to a site, so Wicklow, and maybe Glendalough, might be the way to go...but maybe we'll give that cardiac route a miss (we're all on the wrong side of mid-forties!)

Male Doon, you should find something suitable at Glendalough, just watch for the steep climb. There are steep steps at the start of the one I did and it nearly killed me before I started!!

If you can find an easy path up however, there are some spectacular views. We took five hours but my (experienced) companion had planned for four before he discovered just how many photographs I felt the need to stop and take.