wages transfers?

Allegra

hi all

We(boss and i) transfer the wages in work every tuesday evening for the 4 of us(me, boss, his wife and son) from our AIB Account to various accounts including BOI, UB and PTSB. With the bank holiday we totally forgot, thinking it was Monday!!!! If we put it through in the morning, will it be in their account on friday? We can do the urgent payment option which will ensure the money is in the bank same day, but would rather not if we can avoid it at all as its 12.50 each!! My account is in the same bank so its instantaneous, but the sons account is with UB and theyre a right shower to deal with at the best of times!

All depends on how you make the transfers. Are these electronic transfers and paper transfer in a branch.

its electronic transfers.

had a look at the faq on the aib business site and for third party transfers if you do it before 13 30hrs on a day, the value will reach the account the next day. For transfers done after 13 30hrs, it will take 2/3 days.

Lets hope it works else ill have very unhappy bosses son to contend wth on friday morning lol

All Irish banks are now offering next day value for electronic payments both dometically and cross border (within Single Euro Payment Area). This simply means that if you make an electronic payment before your Bank's cutoff time(normally mid afternoon) the money will be in the beneficiary account on the next business day.