vw toureg commercial

viztopia

i have been thinking of buying a second hand vw toureg and i went to look at one in a garage. it is a 5 door with seats in the back but the garage owner is telling me it is a commercial vehicle. the windows in the back are tinted but i dont think this makes any difference. he even showed me a proforma invoice where the jeep would be termed "commercial" and there would be the vat element seperate which i could claim back (yes i am registered for vat) this doesnt sound right to me that this is a commercial vehicle. anyone got any opinions/experiences here?

If there are seats in the back it's not commercial.

A friend of mine has a Toureg .... has two seats in the front, none in the back and has the four doors - it is classed as a commercial vehicle.

My reading of your post is that the seats were put back in after the vehicle was certified as 'commercial'.

The vehicle you're looking at would not satisfy revenue for commercial status.

As an aside .... be happy with your expected miles per gallon .... both the friend I mentioned above and another person I know found that their Toureg diesels were guzzlers and they were easily putting €100 to €120 a week into them (prior to fuel price explosion).

Back