VW Sharan 'vs' Ford Galaxy - why euroncap different?

N

newbie1

Hi, this is my third (I think) post related to changing my car - head wrecked with it all!! Anyway, thanks for replies so far.

We have now possibly narrowed the search down to the Ford Galaxy or the VW Sharan (I am sadly letting go of my dream of keeping sliding doors which I currently have on my Mazda 5).

Anyhow, I believe these two MPV's are pretty much the same car with different engines, so I'm wondering why they would get different Euroncap safety scores? I think the Galaxy gets 5 out of 5 for Adult occupany whereas the Sharan gets 3 our of 5?? Is this outdated info? Anyone shed any light on this?

(Would most likely be going for an 06/05) Thanks.

The new Ford Galaxy is built on a completely new platform. The old Galaxy/Sharan was a joint venture between Ford and VW (who sold the same car for a higher price with nothing more than a different badge). Therefore the new Galaxy is at least a generation more advances than the current Sharan (I don't know when VW will recify this). If you have the choice buy the Ford (though it's an ugly car; the S-Max is much nicer).

Back