VW Passat 1.9 v 2.0

roadrunner

I`m going to import a diesel Passat from the North - was wondering if it is worth paying extra to get the 2 litre as opposed to the 1.9. Is there much difference between the two. Also is there much difference between the S & SE models.
Finally do NI dealers genarally take trade-ins?

Chalk and cheese. Avoid 1.9. Infact I'd say avoid VW altogether, but that's a different ball of wax.

For spec. comparisons www.parkers.co.uk is good.

Trade in of an Irish car is possible, but value is likely be low.

i imported a 1.9 passat earlier in the year, very good value to be had. I've no complaints with it so far. No point trying to trade as you will get next to nothing for your southern reg car. Try to sell privately, you may not get what you want and it may take some time in the current market but you will certainly get more than they will offer you for a trade in.

Just rang a dealer in the North - this particular one doesn`t take southern reg trade-ins. He also said theres not much difference in 1.9 & 2 litre as he had driven both. Also not a whole lot of extras from S to SE so i`ll opt for the 1.9 S model.
I`ll have to sell my own privately - put ad in carzone earlier in week but no reply & price I asked took a steal!
Any advice before I do the deal?

Go for the SE model you'll be sorry if you dont,may cost a little bit more
but it's worth it.
Extra's include alloys,leather steering wheel,cruise control,electric heated mirrors,electric drivers seat,nicer front end etc. etc.
S model is boring to look at.................................

There is a big difference in power and refinement between these engines. Do not take a dealers word for it.

The 2litre is a much more refined engine with a six speed box.

The 1.9l is the old engine from the previous generation Passat

Go for a 2l anyday