VW Golf service

Freddie

I have a VW Golf 2005 with 44000 kms and its due a service. (Service light came on). I called Foster Motor company in Dublin and they said a basic service would cost 420 euro. Is this really expensive?

This sounds expensive to me. I got my 2006 Passat serviced last week for 251 in a VW dealer and this included replacing a bushon on one of the front wishbones. They even gave me a car to use for nothing extra. My advice would be to ring around.

That is ridiculous for a 1st.Service. Try Grange Motors in Deans |Grange for a cost comparison.

Hardly a first service at 44000

Try an independant MKW in vladonel ind est are great a few AAM people have used them.

Call Mark on 014595266 They are just off the nass road at the kingswood exit.

Thanks for all the replies everybody.

In response to Mathepac, it’s a petrol car. I just said “basic service” in that I don’t have any other issues with the car that I’m aware of. Assuming when I dropped the car into Fosters if no other work needs to be done the guy said it would it cost 420.

Are Seat and Volkswagon the same then?

Mercman I’ll try Grange Motors later this morning.

Are Seat and Volkswagon the same then?

Both part of the VAG group.

Broadly speaking, An Audi is regarded as a rebadged VW, which is a rebadged SEAT which is a rebadged Skoda. Of course there are often other differences but as an example, a 1.4 SEAT Leon is almost identical, mechanically, to equivalent engine sized Golf.

€420 is a jokeshop. A fixed menu service on a Focus petrol is €150.

I just called Grange Motors in Deansgrange. Cost there is 380.

As tosh100 says, try a SEAT dealer - or cheaper still, an independent especially as there do not seem to be real issues with the car.

On a petrol Golf "basic service" at a good independent:
VW spec oil, oil & air filters, sump-plug & washer, washer fluid (all common to VW, Seat, Skoda & Audi) - Total parts €150
Labout to fit & Visual inspection (tyres, lights, wipers, glass, other fluids, belts, reset service indicator light)- Total Labour €100

Total €250 max, incl VAT

Other stuff like pollen filter, wipers, long-life spark-plugs, etc excluded

Whoever does it make sure they use VW spec or original parts.