VW Golf GT 140hp

S

Stephenkelly

Thinking of buying the above - Any opinions?

SOorry Guys - Meant the GOlf GT Sport - Comes with two engines 1.4l TsI 140hp and the 1.4l TsI 170hp

Have been considering this for a while and again looked at it last week.

Wanted to get a diesel (GTI) and I understand this is now the model GT TDI.

It would appear the thinking behind it would be that you are getting the power, whilst getting 1.4 insurance.

Very expensive for what it is. As per usual with VW, the basic models are very very basic.

Top Gear slate everything that is not €80k. All other reviews I have read are excellent and I drove one on saturday - was really impreessed.

Top Gear slate everything that is not €80k. All other reviews I have read are excellent and I drove one on saturday - was really impreessed.

is the why the GTI is a previous winner of their car of the year ?? not to mention the fiat panda ??

it might be a 1.4 but it will be a 1.4 GT which is the model and they will know its supercharged and i think will charge for it.....

I drove it and didn't like it compared to the GTI or old turbo diesel model which was the best car i've ever owned.

Think I'd also do with either the tdi or the gti. GT SP looks mega expensive for what it is. GTI is expensive but a real performance machine with the cachet to match. TDI has performance with economy so its makes a certain amount of sense. I don't know if the GT Sport has enough of either.. Just my 2 cents!

It is probably due an sharp increase in price if the VRT system moves from engine size to emissions in the budget

Sorry guys - I'm not talking about the 170hp model im talking about the 140hp. Only released recently - €27k and well specked - all reviews seem to be very good. 140hp enging seems to be spot on! I know the 170hp is not a great car have driven it but drove the 140 on saturday and was V impressed. It's not trying to be a GTI
Don't want the GTI - Insurance, tak and gas is too expensive!

You have to work out your expected running costs and see if theres any significant savings over buy other engines in a golf. I reckon they'll load the insurance on these largely negating any savings.

Insurance will be pricey. The typical owner of either 140 or 170bhp versions will be younger people who cannot afford a GTI.

OK Guys - Ordered one - Any more opinions? Any good car review sites?

I Like the DSG but i dont want it - Would get it if i was butying the GTI

OK Guys - Ordered one - Any more opinions? Any good car review sites?

Did you get the GT Sport yet? Just wondering your opinion on it. The wife is thinking of upgrading her 1.4 to the 122bhp version. As you said previously it looks well specced for the money (for a VW)

Will have it second week in feb - have driven the 140 a few times since I ordered it and there is a lot of pace in it - its also a lovely drive. I'm sure the 122hp is a huge improvement over the 75hp.