VW Ad Pulled

The mutt was displaying classic scared dog behaviour. I was surprised to see it in an ad and put it down to them not understanding dogs. I'm not surprised it got so many complaints as it wasn't clear that they didn't abuse the dog.

I wondered how they had shot it and was the dog perhaps just one of those with such a nervous disposition that he shivered no matter where he was so long as it wasnt home.

VW should have left the Ad and worked on the basis that those who are stupid enough to be offended by it are probably too stupid to buy a car...

I loved that ad, I had a little Jack Russell years ago like him, he was the best dog ever! I just presumed they used cgi to make the ad never considered anything else, I doubt the dog was mistreated! I'm sure he got loads of scooby snacks for making it. It has worked a treat all the discussion time its getting and I can't get the song out of my head. Via Jack Russels

An ad for a car gets banned because a dog gets scared. Another ad for another car uses speeded-up music ("what a wonderful world") to give the impression to humans that they can go fast in it. It doesn't get banned.

I hated that ad with the shivering dog. I wondered when I saw it how on earth showing off the technological wonders of making dogs sing could sell cars (pitch: people love dogs doing cute things like shivering and singing, therefore people will buy cars if we show them doing just that!).

The dog in the queue looks in pain. The whole thing made me cringe. Glad its off the air

It hasn't been banned, VW have "pulled" the ad. Is this another way of saying the advertising run is over and they decided not to renew on the basis they'd get free publicity from the controversy?

It hasn't been banned, VW have "pulled" the ad. Is this another way of saying the advertising run is over and they decided not to renew on the basis they'd get free publicity from the controversy?

Worked for [broken link removed] back in the 1990s if I recall correctly.