Vulture victims should get together in advance of the election

Brendan Burgess

Founder
People who are paying 8% and 9% to vulture funds when they would be paying about half that if they had not been sold by their original lender should organise themselves in advance of the election.

You should hold people like Paschal Donohoe accountable for telling you that you would not lose out and then doing nothing about it.

Likewise you should hold Michael McGrath accountable for doing nothing about it either.

Simultaneously, you should be flooding the Ombudsman and the Central Bank with complaints.

Complaining about it online won't get you a reduction in the rate.

Brendan

People who are paying 8% and 9% to vulture funds when they would be paying about half that if they had not been sold by their original lender should organise themselves in advance of the election.

You should hold people like Paschal Donohoe accountable for telling you that you would not lose out and then doing nothing about it. Likewise you should hold Michael McGrath accountable for doing nothing about it either.

Simultaneously, you should be flooding the Ombudsman and the Central Bank with complaints.

Complaining about it online won't get you a reduction in the rate.

As a matter of interest, have Sinn Fein pledged to right this wrong if they become the next government? If not, then they need to nail their colours to the mast - assuming that it can be righted.

As a matter of interest, have Sinn Fein pledged to right this wrong if they become the next government? If not, then they need to nail their colours to the mast - assuming that it can be righted.
I’ve heard Pierce Dotherty speaking out against vulture funds, and mortgage prisoners…..and I’ve heard Pascal Donohoe and the Michael McGrath take a hard line on the subject stating it only effects a small portion of mortgage’s and they don’t want to discourage foreign investment. As much as I think Sinn Fein would be bad for the country in other ways…I’ll have to vote for them if it’s my best chance of keeping our family home.

Brendan is right , online ranting wont change a thing , COMPLAIN , COMPLAIN and COMPLAIN

Look at your Terms and Conditions , if your a former PTSB Mortgage Holder did you switch to the LOAN TO VALUE MANAGED VAIRABLE RATE when offered around 2015/16 , there are terms in that switch which are as watertight as the ECB Tracker Rate link , COMPLAIN if your link to that Rate Band has been broken .

If your after being switched from Start to Mars , check your final statement to see if you got hit with a double interest charge when the account was closed .

LOOK at everything since your mortgage was sold .
Dont give up .... I fear apathy has become a big factor ..... If you let apathy get the better of you then THE VULTURES WIN

I’ve heard Pierce Dotherty speaking out against vulture funds, and mortgage prisoners…..and I’ve heard Pascal Donohoe and the Michael McGrath take a hard line on the subject stating it only effects a small portion of mortgage’s and they don’t want to discourage foreign investment. As much as I think Sinn Fein would be bad for the country in other ways…I’ll have to vote for them if it’s my best chance of keeping our family home.

Talk is cheap and Doherty is a great talker.

My question - as yet unanswered - is as to whether or not Sinn Fein have committed to doing anything concrete about this issue; one that they regularly grandstand about in the Dáil and elsewhere. I suspect that, for the reason that you mention, they'll be very slow to do anything that might scare the horses.

Worth raising it as an issue but to really get traction you need to:

1) make the case for government intervention. Why as a group should valuable dail debating time/public money be spent on this? It might be worth taking a leaf out of previous campaigners that have worked. Something like the Mica redress campaign? Being concentrated in one region helped them but I imagine they had a plan.

2) A coherent arguement on what should be done to address the issue. The outcome is easy - more manageable repayments (?). The harder part is coming up with an approach that doesn't undermine some aspect of the banking system or look like the State is unduly favouring one part of society.

Politicians, and voters for that matter, will get behind a well made argument thats easy to follow and appears balanced and fair.

Will the court case in UK, Harcus Parker vs TSB (re: mortgage Prisoners), set a precedent if won?

Well worth contacting this woman

UK Mortgage Prisoner Action Group lead campaigner Rachel Neale points out: “After six years of tough campaigning for justice UK Mortgage Prisoners Action Group hope that Harcus Parker Solicitors are successful in this aspect of justice for our members.”

Back