VRT quoted is higher for a lower spec model?

NOAH

This has baffled me and intrigued me but also gave me an almighty shock. My old mondeo gave up the ghost recently and a friend of mine in UK offered me his Old shape ford mondeo ghia 2.2tdci hatchback, regd march 2007 and with 30000 miles on clock. It was a bog standard ghia, no sat nav, no esp, no s/r. no sat nav. So I go to ROS website to get vrt amount but they do not have a ghia 5 dr on the computer. I go to VRT office but they only have a 4 dr salloon version and vrt is about €5k. I then get V5 from Uk go back to vrt office, they say we will send engine details to Rosslare take 7 -10 days but lo and behold they ring me following day to say vrt is 7k. I explain it cant be 2k difference between a 4dr and a hatchback. They say I can pay the 7k and then query it. I then go to ros site and lo and behold they have now added a ford ghia just like the car I was interested in but they have given it an OMSP price of €29 K. The ghia x version, which has a higher spec eg, leather, wooden steering wheel, 17" wheels etc but OMSP is quoted as €25k. The ghia I am getting has a lower spec than the titanium as well.

The local ford dealer says the OMSP is between 19k and 21k.

What is going on? Am I getting the run round? I'll have to take it back as 7k is far 2 much and I get clobbered with road tax as well.

Help

Noah

Pay it and then appeal it with backup info. You'll win if your case is watertight.

2.2 TDCI is a fine engine btw.

Thanks for reply. I may have to pay it as driving car since thursday and it is immense.

noah