Vrt on UK Car

pjd104

Hi all

Just curious to know how long are people taking to register cars imported from the UK. Offically its next working day but there seems to be alot of UK reg plates about.

I'm collecting mine tommorrow and was thinking of waiting until 1st of next month to register and tax it.

P

Brought mine in 18/06 and vrt'd it on 01/07,
didnt meet any garda so just lucky.............

I've been driving aroud on my yellow plates for a week, have seen plenty of garda cars and in fact it's generally parked outside garda hq during work hours and no one has said anything to me. In fairness, I have attempted to VRT it, but the VRT office have to get a list of options on my car from Rosslare and they don't know how long that will take. I have a cover note from them to state that just in case I do get stopped.

How does he tax and insure the car each year??
in my opinion its too risky to drive around on english plates there seems to be a lot of them driving around at the moment..i can see a crack down soon.... the government need the revenue!

in my opinion its too risky to drive around on english plates there seems to be a lot of them driving around at the moment..i can see a crack down soon.... the government need the revenue!

Not meaning to be picky, but they are british plates, not to offend the scottish and welsh out their.