VRT on optional Extras?

Mucker Man

Hi, I imported a car from the UK over the weekend and will be paying my VRT this week, does anyone have an idea how much extra I will have to pay for having a beige leather interior, it's a 2004 BMW 320D?

vrt will be applied on the open book value of a 320d with leather as opposed to standard - so if leather increases value by 1k you will pay vrt on that 1k

To be honest they might not even look, i just vrt'd mine this morning and they didnt even look at car. thought id be grilled cause its a m sport. but just hadden in tax book, filled up form and gave them a bank draft. no hassle and very good at explaining and filling up anything you dont understand.

but how did they decide on the value ? I presume they vrt'd you on an m sport version, not a bog basic bmw - they have access to the BMW/Audi/Merc ...... systems to check what extras were on a car initially.

but how did they decide on the value ? I presume they vrt'd you on an m sport version, not a bog basic bmw - they have access to the BMW/Audi/Merc ...... systems to check what extras were on a car initially.
The VIN number normally throws up optional extra's fitted in factory. If the leather was fitted post delivery it won't be captured on VIN.

Do you know what they were using to value and amount had to be paid, it was basically the ros vrt website that me or you use to check.

Update, I VRT'd the car this afternoon, not sure if it was the fact it was late on a Friday afternoon or the fact it was raining heavily, but I was charged for the basic spec.

Back