vrt fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

More baseless accusations. Did you not know that the DVLNI do check these things?

More baseless accusations. Did you not know that the DVLNI do check these things?

Did you not see the word "if" in my statement? Can you come up with a valid reason for the OP to have lied about their home address to get a UK drivers license?

I live & work in the south, pay all my taxes (bar motor tax) in the south.

But, I have a NI license which is a friends address & have had it years, switched my ROI license over. I've no other documentation from NI.

Jeez stick with the questions asked by the OP please Time! Of course he lied, he admitted so himself in the quote I've taken from his original post to start this thread!

Will they accept the Registration Certificate, driving license, insurance and MOT as proof of my living in North or?

To the OP, I very much doubt they will accept this - those documents prove nothing about where you live. You would need utility bills in your name at a minimum for proof of address. To me it sounds like, even though you said lesson learned, you haven't really accepted this and are trying to get out of paying the VRT that you owe. Man up and pay up.

I wonder how the OP got insurance? Did he lie about his residence to the insurance company also (meaning that he has effectively been driving without insurance)?

I wonder how the OP got insurance? Did he lie about his residence to the insurance company also (meaning that he has effectively been driving without insurance)?

Prob has insurance up north using his friends norn ireland address

Prob has insurance up north using his friends norn ireland address
If this is the case, then he lied to his insurance company about his home address. His insurance contract is therefore invalid. If he has a claim, they will investigate and probably deny liability.

They can't do that. They have to pay out 3rd parties and then seek recovery from the Op.

MIBI/MIB will take care of it in any event and then sue.

No not only is the OP stealing from his neighbours by getting them to pay his taxes for him but if he gets in a crash he’ll get other people to pay for that as well.
Charming.

Status
Not open for further replies.