VRT Calculation for Honda Import

Shakespeare

Hi there
I'm thinking of buying a Honda CR-V (2008) from the UK and have tried to get an estimate of the VRT payable.
I've gone on to the Revenue site and calculator and got this message:

There were no vehicles matching your selections found. Please try again

Can anyone tell me what I can do next? Alternatives etc or perhaps someone knows a guideline figure?

Thanks in anticipation
S.

I have seen this error a few times too and sometimes its as simple as selecting something like hatchback instead of saloon etc.

Try a few different combinations when entering that sort of data.

Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried every combination of body type unfortunately to no avail.
I've just tried the same thing for an '08 RAV 4 and I'm getting the same message, it's ridiculous, what's the point of having the calculator if the they don't have half the information!! Aaaaagh- very frustrated at the mo!

Body Type on VRT for a CRV is estate, Doors is 5, All Versions from Dec 2004

I found it no problem

money saving tips when importing

just a few money saving tips when importing

VRT : dont overpay
If the open market value estimate is higher than you think it should be in ireland i.e you find that car on sale in ireland for less than the OMV in the vrt office, present a printout from the car website in ireland and they will refund the difference.

Buying sterling: dont overpay
Dont just rush to your bank and pick up your sterling draft before leaving. Compare with currency.ie to get the best exchange rate. It could save a few hundred euro.

Within warranty
If it is within warranty you should be covered by manufacturers warranty in ireland. If it is more than i,.e 3 years odl make sure that the dealer throws in a free rac independent clean bill of health.