Voting but not registered?

ney001

Hey guys

I have missed the deadline to register to vote at my new house, I took my name of the register at previous address but never got around to registering at current address. Is it too late now? is there anything I can do now?

Yes I presume if the deadline is gone its too late. Ring your local Co. Council and they will tell you.

One of our local candidates arranged it for me. I filled in the form and he took it away to do whatever needs doing (on the promise of him getting two votes from this house, ofcourse). He did mention a deadline though and I think it was 18th or 19th May.

Yep, just got confirmation am too late -
From whom? I'm fairly sure my wife was missing from the Register one time and was refused a vote but she went to the Town Hall and may have got some form stamped by the town clerk, then returned to the polling station and was allowed to vote (but maybe she was on the Supplement to the Register and that hadn't realised).

Citizens Information
says you can get on the Supplement to the Register although [broken link removed] says you need to do this at least 15 days before polling day.

If you are not registered or are dead or if you want to vote several times, contact your local Fianna Fáil cumann.

It's quite possible that a voting card will be posted to you at your former address. If you know the people who live there now, ring them and ask them to give you a buzz before the election if it arrives there for you.

Contact your old local authority to see if they did actually remove you from the register. If not, you can still vote at your old polling station.

Oh well, you can have one of the two votes they gave me! I thought after all the attention given to the register last time round they could get their act together.

(BTW, I won't be using either of them because I'm not in the country next month)

Thanks guys, I am off the register at old address, but never put on to new address - my own fault!

Ah well, when the next government mess it all up at least I can blame all of ye!