Voluntary Strike-Off

mrbloggs

Hi All,

I have a company that I wish to liquidate...voluntary strike off.

Its accounts were recently completed for year end 31/12/2013 and its NARD obligations completed.

It has traded very limited this year t\o less than €4000.00 (Jan - April)

I realise that its assets need to be less than < €150 when liquidated, which they will be.

Will I need to get another set of accounts produced and filed with the CRO if I liquidate it now (April 2014)?
Are there any other CRO annual returns that I would have to fill in?

thanks for any help!

If the companies Annual Returns are up to date then you can apply to have the company struck from the Register - Form H15.

The tax returns will have to be filed with the Tax Office up to the date of cessation and then a letter of no objection obtained from them.

So accounts will have to be prepared for the tax return but won't need to be filed with the CRO.

There is a big difference between a liquidation and a voluntary strike-off

A voluntary strike-off is quicker and cheaper but can only be done where there are no assets or liabilities in the company.

A liquidation is required in pretty much all other circumstances, but most especially where there are unpaid creditors.

Which one is it that you intend to do?

Thanks for the replys
Joe_90: I'm trying the gauge the cost?? would it be fair to say that preparation of accounts in this situation is 1) alot less work 2) less work 3) the same work 4) more work?

DB74: VSO, the company can pay all its debts and then pay the accountant or me the balance!

CRO have also confirmed to me that I don't need to file anything with them!!
Hooray..one less job!

Thanks for replys

Some of the Company secretarial firms do an all in price (including advertising). These often can prove the best value as advertising legal notices can be expensive.

I've no connection with any cosec companies so if you google "voluntary strike off" you will probably get what you are looking for.

Back