Voluntary ni contributions

partnership

So I got my future forecast. I have 7 qualifying years, forecast of 95 pw based on me buying 3 years and paying each year until pension age in 9 years. I have other gaps but unsure if I buy more years does this increase my Pension? Do I ring them again now or how do I proceed?

buying 3 years and paying each year until pension age in 9 years. I have other gaps but unsure if I buy more years does this increase my Pension?
When did you stop working in the UK?

Is it possible to buy more years?

They are the best investment you will ever make and if at all possible you should buy back as many as you can.

Reactions: jpd
So I got my future forecast. I have 7 qualifying years, forecast of 95 pw based on me buying 3 years and paying each year until pension age in 9 years. I have other gaps but unsure if I buy more years does this increase my Pension? Do I ring them again now or how do I proceed?
You currently don’t qualify for anything as you have less than 10 years.

You can purchase past years from 2006 to current year.

You can also buy future years from next year to state pension age.

If you can afford to do so you should aim to do both to get you close to the 35 year target

1990 is last qualifying year. It says in letter that forecast is based on paying another 11 years.

If I buy back from 2006 that would give me 23 years plus 9 to retirement 32 years so what would that get? There is also mention of cope. I did have a private pension of 1500 that I cashed in.

1990 is last qualifying year. It says in letter that forecast is based on paying another 11 years.
They assume you are living in the U.K. and paying from now.

So that forecast is just your payments to 1990 plus another 11 years.

In reality you can also pay from 2006 to 2022.

So that will get you close to the full pension which is currently a little over £10,000pa

Will try and ring them tomorrow, what is best number

Future Pension Centre helpline​

Telephone from outside the UK: +44 (0)191 218 3600
Textphone from outside the UK: +44 (0)191 218 2051

You need to complete and return form NI 38

If you have a UK government gateway account you can check what your entitlement pension is at the moment and what it could be in the future with continued payments.
Think there was a something about not being able to sign up to it without a UK address, but give it a try. You will need your old NI number if i remember rightly

Think there was a something about not being able to sign up to it without a UK address, but give it a try.
You absolutely need a UK address to get a government gateway account.

I write them letters which they generally reply to after 2 months.

Thanks everyone. Was on to them today and can buy back from 2006 if I do before April 2023 so just need to find the money now.

Back