Voluntary liquidation

P

Poppy4

Any information on Voluntary liquidation of a co. please

Hi Poppy4

it's not a liquidation you need, it's a voluntary strike-off, this is the easiest way for a director to close down a dormant company. see the following link to the CRO website for info

[broken link removed]

(is that you M.D.? if it is contact me at the office if you need any guidance on it)

Paraic
www.prima.ie

Hi Podowd,
It's not a dormant co. but I don't think I would get much on a sale of co. so I was thinking of closing and taking the cash out. (it is not M.D)

apologies, was speaking with somebody yesterday with the reference "poppy" and presumed it was the same person.

If there are no creditors and you want to take out the remaining cash the voluntary strike-off is an easier (and cheaper) way to go than liquidation. while it's always advisable to get an accountant to deal with these things it is possible for you to deal with a strike-off yourself by following the CRO guidelines. the only cost you will incur is the ad in the national paper.

first thing to do is make sure all creditors (including Revenue) are fully paid off.

Regards

Paraic
www.prima.ie

However, if there is sufficient cash in the company a voluntary liquidation may be an option as a more tax efficient manner of getting the money out of the business?

Back