Voluntary class 2 eligibility letter

Farnham66

Returned the above today, with a copy of my year by year PRSI record, has anyone any idea how long it can take to get a reply back from HMRC, it took almost a year to get this far. hopefully I will be eligible for class 2, only recently became self employed after working for 26 years. I attached a copy of my year by year PRSI Statement, fingers crossed I will get some of the back years under class 2

Hi, we responded to them in March and we rang in May asking about it the guy said expect a response in about 12 months, however 2 weeks ago we got confirmation to pay Class 2. So that was circa 5 months

Hi, we responded to them in March and we rang in May asking about it the guy said expect a response in about 12 months, however 2 weeks ago we got confirmation to pay Class 2. So that was circa 5 months
Hi Noreen

Just to clarify it took me a Year for a response they then wanted full records in employment history and then it took you about 5 months?

I left in 2006 have 10 years contributions and I have a mix of employee and self employed in intervening period with current status self employed and majority of time being self employed since

6 months in my case but that was over 2 years ago when perhaps they were not as busy. I also got asked to provide a CV to show my full employment record.

I applied online with CF83 form in March, & received a letter with confirmation of Class 2 in July, less than 4 months

thank you all your prompt replies. I created a government gateway account in my married name and then realised my passport is in my maiden name and cannot get passed the online verification stage no joy getting through to HMRC by phone earlier, i have a UK Birth Cert any point posting or can I upload it to them with my Passport details......thanks

thanks ,DannyBoyD, tried that, couldn't get past the NI number bit, said it was invalid, , ill give it another go, might be luck next time, thanks for your time .

I applied online with CF83 form in March, & received a letter with confirmation of Class 2 in July, less than 4 months
Can I ask did you provide any supporting documents in your application? What info did you include in your cover letter? Thanks

Yes I waited ages for my first response, they then sent a form for me to list my employment for a number of years, which I did.