Voluntary class 2 eligibility letter

Farnham66

Returned the above today, with a copy of my year by year PRSI record, has anyone any idea how long it can take to get a reply back from HMRC, it took almost a year to get this far. hopefully I will be eligible for class 2, only recently became self employed after working for 26 years. I attached a copy of my year by year PRSI Statement, fingers crossed I will get some of the back years under class 2

Hi, we responded to them in March and we rang in May asking about it the guy said expect a response in about 12 months, however 2 weeks ago we got confirmation to pay Class 2. So that was circa 5 months

Hi, we responded to them in March and we rang in May asking about it the guy said expect a response in about 12 months, however 2 weeks ago we got confirmation to pay Class 2. So that was circa 5 months
Hi Noreen

Just to clarify it took me a Year for a response they then wanted full records in employment history and then it took you about 5 months?

I left in 2006 have 10 years contributions and I have a mix of employee and self employed in intervening period with current status self employed and majority of time being self employed since

6 months in my case but that was over 2 years ago when perhaps they were not as busy. I also got asked to provide a CV to show my full employment record.

I applied online with CF83 form in March, & received a letter with confirmation of Class 2 in July, less than 4 months

thank you all your prompt replies. I created a government gateway account in my married name and then realised my passport is in my maiden name and cannot get passed the online verification stage:( no joy getting through to HMRC by phone earlier, i have a UK Birth Cert any point posting or can I upload it to them with my Passport details......thanks

thanks ,DannyBoyD, tried that, couldn't get past the NI number bit, said it was invalid, :(, ill give it another go, might be luck next time, thanks for your time .

I applied online with CF83 form in March, & received a letter with confirmation of Class 2 in July, less than 4 months
Can I ask did you provide any supporting documents in your application? What info did you include in your cover letter? Thanks

Hi Noreen

Just to clarify it took me a Year for a response they then wanted full records in employment history and then it took you about 5 months?

I left in 2006 have 10 years contributions and I have a mix of employee and self employed in intervening period with current status self employed and majority of time being self employed since
Yes I waited ages for my first response, they then sent a form for me to list my employment for a number of years, which I did.

Back