Volkswagen Tiguan

Magunn

I recently hired a car in France and was delighted to be given a VW Tiguan. What a fantastic car! Practically couldnt fault it. Intent to buy a new A4 in jan and now have looked into buying a VW Tiguan instead (similar price range when you take my spec into account). My query is, that even though they are sold in Ireland, they do not appear to be at all popular. Does anyone have an opinion on them.

stupid cars

Seen a few around, starting price seems a bit dear tho' IMO @ over €40K for the 1.4. Wonder what other nice motors €40K could get you.

While the 1.4 petrol was very cheap to tax before July, after July it will cost €1000 a year to tax - emissions are 199 I think

I have actually been working with VW to help spread the word on the Tiguan and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Ford Kuga competes with the Tiguan, and any press I've read rates it as being better.

While the 1.4 petrol was very cheap to tax before July, after July it will cost €1000 a year to tax - emissions are 199 I think
emissions on the diesel are not much better (189)

as rs2k says, the Ford would be a better option

these small SUV's seem a little cramped though for luggage space...I wonder would an estate be a better option?

I have actually been working with VW to help spread the word on the Tiguan and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Just the Tiguan? Would be v. interested in info / comments on the Golf 1.4 TSi DSG. The ETA of the MK VI Golf & the Scirocco.