Voip / Skype Newbie question

IrishGunner

Parents want to set up webcam and voip to talk to grandkids abroad ahhhh

dont know much about set up etc

Sister in Uk has Skype so thinking of going with this

now to the crux any other options and what is the best webcam to get for quality

Easy to set up including mic ?

They are on Utv lite BB & phone

Checked their website and seems a novice could set up

Thanks

Download and install Skype. 2-3 minutes to configure. It will use whatever mic and speakers are on the pc, no config required.

Get any webcam from any place that sells them, youre only limited by your budget, they start at around 15e.

Its as easy as that.

Or if they are familiar at all with MSN Messenger, the latest available Messenger (Windows Live Messenger) Beta now has support for VOIP so you can dial landlines/mobiles from Ireland to anywhere.

Hi

Thanks for the advice CAR

They don't want to make phone calls with it just be able to see & speak to their monster god children

So any old basic webcam will do ?

Yeah I know about MSN but it was like pulling teeth explaining how to send an email to them
I would have to move back in with them to explain MSN would be there that long

Utv talk have free phone calls to the Uk so maybe able to talk on phone for free anyway
as with the mic only 1 person can speak

Think its time for them to go on a 'I don't know crap about computers' learning course

Thanks will look for a webcam and the skype website

Cheers

Skype is the way to go , pc to pc will be free of course and it is simple to use the webcam and they are always getting new ideas, It would be handy for them to get a skype phone for the pc,Peats Electronics do them or order from skype,