VOIP direct to router or wifi

Frank

Am considering a Skype phone for home, have good BB with a wireless router.

Would like a phone set the can work without the pc being turned on.

Anyone got one use one any recommendations.

Hey,

I use my Nokia E65 for VOIP,little trickey for some people to setup but can be done.And you just go in to your settings in the Nokia fone connect to internet telephone so it connects to your router via Wifi and your conneted.So if some one rings your mobile still rings as normal and if some one rings VOIP number rings on your mobile!!:D

So if you have a Nokia check and see has it Internet telephone in the menu anywhere .I know the Nokia E65 and N95 let you make VOIP calls.

Just google VOIP service provider and make sure they allow you connect to them ture SIP settings.

Thanks AVTec

Usually pretty alright with tech stuff so should be able to get around this stuff.

I have a nokia n73 so no joy there all though interesting option for upgrade this summer.

What provider do you use for the VOIP skype or AN other?

Hey frank,

I use [broken link removed]Worth haveing a look,Yeh if your due an upgrade try get one of the nokia's that allow VOIP because i find it really good.

If you decide get one one send me a message if you get stuck!!

Regards

David.

I use a Philips VOIP 321 dual phone - It works as a wireless skype phone when your pc is on or as a regular phone otherwise. I find it brilliant for non local, skype to phone calls - and as my better half is Australian we have saved a small fortune on overseas calls. Quality is always excellent.

Although now that you can get skype on a mobile handset (provided its through wlan) it might be a more versatile option.

I use a Philips VOIP 321 dual phone - It works as a wireless skype phone when your pc is on or as a regular phone otherwise. I find it brilliant for non local, skype to phone calls - and as my better half is Australian we have saved a small fortune on overseas calls. Quality is always excellent.

I would second the recommendation for the Philips VOIP 321 but in this case the OP specifically asked for one that does not require the PC to be on so I'm not sure it will meet the requirements unless they reconsider this issue.

I bought a Netgear WI -Fi phone last month for €160. Its a bit expensive and the only problem i've had is the battery. you need to keep it plugged in most of the time. It would be ideal if there was a cradle for the phone.

I have a [broken link removed] which I bought from Skype. Not too bad, though it doens't have a stand for the phone! It was less than €100 at the time. Have to admit that we don't use it all that much, but that's cause I still haven't got the wireless set up!:eek:

Also got my parents a . This one allows you to switch between skype & your normal telephone. They haven't really got the hang of using it for skype though.

neither phone requires the pc to be on in order to use them.

Have belkin skype phone, it can't seem to pick up network, also have itouch which has no problem picking up network.

Anyone any help

I got a Blueface account with a Siemens phone conected through my broadband with a router.
€120 a year to include all calls to Ireland and the UK.
Great service and I have never had a problem

Back