Voice Activated Tape Recorder

Cahir

Anyone know where I can get one of the above? Preferably cheap but sensitive enough to begin recording at a low sound level.

I'm looking for one to record what I say in my sleep. I've always talked in my sleep but now it's happening more and more and my boyfriend always forgets what I say. It's getting so bad that he woke me up laughing at me the other night because I was singing the theme tune to different strokes!! Also, at least once every week or two I wake up screaming and shouting from a nightmare but I usually forget the nightmare and just end up feeling a bit uneasy for the day.

Mrs Bear does this, but to a lesser extent and being the attentive bear that I am I never remember what she was saying either. But if you do find out what you are saying whats that going to tell you? Where does the theme tune info get you? It may just be streams of conscious..........

Maplins in Blanch might be a start
[broken link removed]

Thanks for that - I'll be in Blanch at the weekend so I'll see if I can pick one up.

For the most part, I want to know what I'm saying just out of curiosity because apparently it can be quite funny. I'd really like to know what I'm saying during the nightmares as I think that would take away the uneasiness I sometimes feel during the day. One night last week I woke up crying and I was so upset for the day but couldn't understand why, so maybe if I knew what the nightmare had been about I could relax.

hi, I have a little Sony tape recorder that's supposed to be used for meetings so the microphone is quite good - put it on the table in the middle and it'll record all voices. It has a switch to put it into Voice Activated mode. Got it in the Jervis Shopping Centre, at the Sony shop there.

Havsom Cents said:
Prayer before bedtime works.

Definitely wouldn't work for me as I don't believe in any God.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll pick one up at the weekend. I don't think I talked too much last night but apparently I said something about being shot at by a chinese man while I was buying Thai food on a boat in Vietnam!