Vodaphone - Credit Note - What are my rights?

UnaS

I bought a new phone - Nokia 6300 at the start of November. It cost me €199. Last week I went back to the shop to query why I was receiving text messages a day late and having trouble sending picture messages. The lady in the shop contacted vodaphone customer support and the lady in customer support said there was a fault with the phone and that the phone would need to go to Cavan so someone there could check the phone.
The lady in the phone shop contacted me yesterday to inform me that I got a credit note of €199 and that I can collect a new phone to that amount. She also informed me that the Nokia 6300 has been reduced to €129!!
I asked her if I could get a Nokia 6070 instead but she said i had to use the full amount i.e. €199! I also asked if the phone is €129 now then can i get €70 call credit to make up the €199! Again... NO!

Could anyone tell me where i stand? Do i really have to buy a different make i.e. more expensive phone? Can i not get the balance in Call Credit?

It's up to the shop really if they are going to repair, replace or refund. In this case they have given you a credit note. You spent €199 so therefore you get back €199 to spend. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see why you making a fuss.