Vodafone - Switching Tariff Means You lose Minutes?

glowinthedar

I switched tariff with Vodafone in June 08 from perfect fit 200 to perfect fit 100. The reason I switched was I do not use my phone that much and found that I wasn't using all my minutes each month. So every month I had 200 minutes 'rolling over'.

I also cancelled a '200 text add on' in June again I had 200 rolling over each month so I wasnt using them and the addin cost €9.91 a month.

Come July my call minutes was set at 100 minutes and 100 texts. Expected as that is my new tariff deal. But all the minutes and texts that I had accrued from the previous month were gone?? I had paid for both the minutes and the extra 200 text add in on my previous bill.

I rang up customer services and they said that when you change tariff's you lose all accrued over the previous month.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is crazy? I had already paid for both the minutes and texts, I should carry them on until I have used them all up....

Does anyone else have experience with this?

as far as I know their T&C's of switching plans would clearly state this. all networks apply this...as far as i know.

now as to whether it is right or wrong....well that's another arguement

you live & learn!

Looking at some of the new plans don't carry minutes any more.

Won't be changing mine if this is the case ,always like to know I have plenty to use if I want.