Vodafone roaming in Cyprus

Bonaparte

Mrs B and daughter currently on holiday in Cyprus, both Vodafone customers and took the precaution to top up well before leaving home. Problem! Texting working fine but can't make or receive calls. I spoke to Vodafone Ireland yesterday and was told that there is no roaming agreement between them and Cyprus for "Ready to Go". Can this be true? Has anyone managed to make a call using a Vodafone "Ready to Go" in or out of Cyprus.

Bonaparte,

My wife and mother inlaw were in Cyprus recently. My MIL is on Vodafone RTG and had no problems texting or making/receiving calls whilst there. I hope you get sorted.

Ranger

ya, had the same problem. I was in cyprus for a year and before I left I contacted Vodafone and advised them that I was leaving. i was bill pay and they advised me to move to pay and you go. I duly topped up with a substantial amount of money. On arrival in Cyprus i could text and receive calls but not make them. contacted vodafone who then advised that there is no roaming agreement in place. when I complained they said 'sorry'. Fantastic CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

needless to say, I'm home now and no longer vodafone.