Vodafone mobile connector card

M

Mcgonagles

Hi,

This is going to sound dumb but can someone give me some idea as to how the vodafone mobile connector card works, have emailed vodafone and they just told me to look up their website. My husband desperately needs to have broadband at home and our exchange is not enabled and the only wireless provider in the area is expensive and does not provide a great service. Firstly does he need to have a vodafone mobile? Does it need to be a business mobile? How much does it cost? Is it a fixed price?
Can someone please give me some advice on this. Thanks

Its quite expensive as you are charged for what you download. Think its something like 3 yoyos a meg. Its ridiculous that you got fobbed off by an information line.

Strange that Vodafone won't tell you these things. Can you post a link to the page on their web-site that deals with this product?

It's probably a 3G data card, in which case you should also see http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=35962

The 3G card is effectively a self-contained phone that uses its own Vodafone supplied SIM, so it shouldn't affect your existing mobile phone or account.

Depending on the exact product, you will probably find that rkeane's information is now out of date, and that a flat fee offering is available.

Its quite expensive as you are charged for what you download. Think its something like 3 yoyos a meg. Its ridiculous that you got fobbed off by an information line.
Not any more, it's 49 Euro per month for 'unlimited' usage. I'm having huge trouble getting BT to get me set up and I'm either going to go with Vodafone or O2 if it's not resolved by the end of this week. Both offer the same prices.

This kind of Internet connection is great if you cannot get broadband through your phoneline or a separate wireless provider.

The Vodafone Mobile Connect card is a PCMCIA card for laptops, but you can get a wireless router (about 120EUR) if you want to use it with a desktop PC.

The tariff is "Vodafone Unlimited Data", which gives you 5GB of data for 49EUR per month.

http://www.vodafone.ie/soho/price/dataroaming/3ggprsplans/index.jsp

o2 are offering a similar product with 2GB of data for 40EUR per month:

Typical 3G speeds are 384k with these products. If you're not in a 3G area, then you'll be connected over GPRS which is significantly slower (40-50k). So its worth, if you don't have one already, borrowing a friends 3G phone to test coverage in your area. I believe Vodafones 3G coverage is far ahead of o2s - o2 don't even publish a 3G coverage map on their site.....

HTH