Vodafone 3g/wireless

G

Guest125

A friend has Vodafone 3g modem.His coverage is marginal in the house with the strongest signal being available in the kitchen.Can he route the signal through a wireless router to create a wireless network?Thus leaving the 3g modem and wireless router in the kitchen and picking up the signal via the wireless card in his laptop?

Looks to be the business.He's using the usb type 3g connecter I presume the router has a usb port as well.AAM never let me down yet!! Thanks bigjoe.

Does he not just puit his 3G sim card into this router, therefore would not need to connect up anything else to it ?

Oh thats a horse of a different colour.I asked about it in the local vodafone shop but I drew the usual blank!! Will Vodafone exchange his 3g modem for a card? somehow I doubt it.Its worth a shot I suppose.There's a wireless router in argos that's used with cable bb(ntl or equivalent).Does the cable connect by usb to that type of wireless router or is it coax?As everyone can gather I'm not too familiar with cable bb:confused:

Back