Voda, O2, Meteor or 3

angrylad

Hi All

Not sure if this has been posted already, if it has apologies, would appreciate direction to the thread. Am happy with the company I am with but don't know if I am missing something or if one of the other networks are better.

If not here it goes.

Am thinking of changing my mobile phone company and wonder how aam people rate the companies out of say ten, with regards to the following

Range of phones
Price of phones
Tariffs (who's the best)
Customer care
Stores
Best offers
Staff

i know it's a broad thread but would like to get your views, by the way i'm a bill customer, but maybe pay as you go customers could give their experience regards phones and service, thanks.

PS - should I move before or after Christmas?

Everyone's needs are different.

Some companies have great roaming coverage in countries you might want to visit, some charge huge amounts for roaming outside the EU. Others are good value on data. Some charge rapacious amounts for roaming data.

'3' locks you into their handsets, you can't use your own.

Local signal coverage might be an issue for you if you happened to live somewhere that a particular company didn't cover so well.

Also, if most people you know are on a particular network, you'd chose that one as calls on the same network are usually cheapest.

I use o2, they're OK on voice, but data options are not as good as '3'.

I am somehow confused with the true nature of your post.
It looks more to be a sort of very simplistist market survey rather than an individual trying to find a "better" deal.
You are enquiring about customer service, fair enough, but also about staffing?
You are happy with your current susbcriber but want to change.?
Enquiring about range of phones/prices/best offers all of which are very dynamic especially at Christmas time...

I'll second previous post...Everyone's needs are different.

May be you could define the type of user you are / features you are interested in/etc... so people can give you more precise information.

Check out callcosts.ie If you put in your usage it will recommend the lowest price provider for your needs.

As for range of handsets, try calling into an independent retailer like Carphone Warehouse so you can see clearly which handsets are available on which networks.

Hi All

Thanks for your replies - have tried out call costs but it doesn't take into account the offers that they all have.

bacchus - i can assure you that this is not any form of a market survey. I have been with my current company since day dot they have always been good - but dont know if i am missing out on something ie better service. My question on staff could have been phrased better I suppose - I was looking to find out about staff friendliness. Also my question re Christmas is to find out if the prices are better pre or post Christmas - I dont ever remember Christmas sales.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW not using data that much (yet!) just a regular user who likes to have a good phone (up to date) and with good features camera memory etc.

I got caught out on 02 you can't ring international or make calls when raoming for the first 3 months. Real pain. Although you can text and receive calls.

Other than that if you buy online they give 20% extra minutes and texts on top of the tarrif you pick.

Data seemed a bit pricey on 3G to look at websites.

Back