Vitoria airport to Santander by bus

whistler

Has anybody travelled from vitoria airport to santander by bus? Any links, details welcome. Thanks.

I see that Ryanair are scrapping the Vitoria flights from Dublin as of the 25th October.
Have a look at the tripadvisor website. I am travelling using public transport from Vitoria to San Sebastian and then to Bilbao so I imagine that Santander should be easy enough.

Hi,
The largest bus company in Spain is ALSA. There are 4 busses from Vitoria to santander each day and the return price (ida-vuelta) is €18.
Here is their website just enter your dates and numbers. Good luck. There may also be trains going from V to S?

[broken link removed]

Thank you for the replies

Pity ryanair is scrapping that flight, but airlingus fly to bilbao and the flights are not too expensive either.

Bilbao is definitely closer to Santander (it's about 1hr by car, motorway all the way) .. so flying to Bilbao is probably a better option that Vitoria would have been ... Don't know about the buses, but I assume that there are plenty of services

There is also the FEVE train that runs between Bilbao and Santander - [broken link removed] (It's a narrow guage rail service that runs along the north coast of spain ) - The bus is probalby much quicker though !

Back