Visual C++Runtime Library error

tomthumb

Something strange happened to my pc last week. Can't access Internet Explorer without the above message appearing and blocking access. At same time Norton Virus scan started and Outlook Express was hijacked by Yahoo! Only my account affected thankfully. Have read some other recent threads and tried to set back to pre trouble days by System Restore but it won't restore it for me and the error message still comes back. Bit afraid to tamper in case we lose access on the other accounts. Checked logs, etc. to see could I find the source but don't find anything too unusual.:eek: Any ideas thanks!

Would you believe simply removing the Google Toolbar from the Program solved this! Don't know why or how but it worked!

tomthumb said:
Would you believe simply removing the Google Toolbar from the Program solved this! Don't know why or how but it worked!

You were probably running an older version of IE. Installing the Google bar installed newer versions of the C++ runtimes, which are not fully compatible with programs using older versions.

I would suggest you updrade to the latest IE and then install the Googlebar.

Back