Vista Query re Flash ?

Westgolf

Hello All

I recently purchased a new laptop - HP 6735s. Had previouslly used another HP machine and had no problems with adobe flash player. Logged into the youtube website on the new machine to watch a few music videos and the youtube screen told me I didnt have the newest version of flash and offered me the link to download same. Clicked link and was redirected to the adobe home page. The down load process starts but then seems to freeze or quit. I tried again repeatedly but to no effect. What am I doing wrong / not doing at all or just missing ? ? ? or is there some other way around this issue.

Sorry for the longwinded nature of the query, all responses and suggestions very,very welcome

Regards

Westgolf

Hi car

Thanks for linky, tried the first one and it failed to down load, the second one keeps crashing but I will keep going with the attempts. any further advice welcome

Take care

Westgolf

Hi again

A further update : when I try to download the standalone version for firefox I keep getting told to close down Firefox ??

Westgolf

when installing software to firefox you need to shut it down first as some of the files need to be written to. can you just save the file rather then running it?

Hi Car,

When I download the file it only gives me the option to save it,which I do. Then in the download menu I select "OPEN" and it goes about 2 stages into the install process and tells me to close down firefox.

As the install window is open in firefox,by closing firefox I close down the installation process. ? ?

Westgolf

are you running the install from the firefox download window? Close that and run it from the folder you saved it to. the download window counts as a firefox session.

Go into firefox then,tools,options,main.Tick the box "show the downloads window when downloading a file" Tick the radio button save downloads to,then browse to desktop.All downloads will then save to the desktop.Download the flash installer file.Close firefox.Right click on the downloaded file and scroll down to extract all.It will be extracted to the desktop also.That will look like a folder on the desktop.Double click this folder and it will install.

Hi Caff

Thanks for the step by step details.

Followed them as directed and got as far as the installer window. selected "INSTALL" and the following message appeared " network error. please check your internet connection and try again " Im on wireless broadband so what am i doing wrong ??

westgolf

Last edited:
Back