Visonic Powermax Plus, Wireless Alarm

bren1916

Hi,

I have the above wireless system installed at home and am trying to replace the siren's battery at the moment.
Unfortunately, when I'm in the user settings and toggle down to the last item where 'installer mode' is supposed to be located - it's not there..(am following the installer guide to the letter).

Does anyone know how to locate the installer mode any other way?
I cannot bypass the siren/tamper as it's not a 'zone' on the bypass menu.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan,

Hi bren, I'm not familiar with the Visonic panel, however as a general rule, if you're logged into any panel as a "user" rather than an "installer"(administrator) then certain options won't be available to you. All panels have different levels of access. The installation company usually retain access to the installer menu options.

Was this system installed by professionals or Diy?

jb

Thanks fellas,

Yes Jetblue, it was installed by a security company and I asked at the time that the engineer code be removed so in effect I was able to configure the system myself when maintenance was required.

Leo, I emailed the alarm company requesting info on how to get around very same point (user permit enabled) earlier this week - they've yet to respond...

No problem. Alarm companies ofter retain this information so that you end up hiring them again for maintenance tasks.

Back