visas to egypt

lorr01

cud anybody tell me how can i or where i get visas to go to egypt. and how long they take as we going egypt the 1st week of june. have i enough time to get them..

thanks a mill..

Re: visa's to egypt

No visa required in advance - you just need to buy it on arrival at the airport - you need to buy the stamps that get put in your passport (They look like postage stamps actually!)

As with almost all visas really it's just a money making mechanism at this stage - you just hand over the cash and in you go ... just like Airport tax really except a bit more blatant

There will be a booth at the airport before you exit where you buy the stamp, only a couple of Egyptian pounds each.

if you are arriving with a tour operator, ie budget, listen to your guide. We arrived into Luxor last year and got advised by tour operator what the cost would be, but not to pay anyone except him until we got on the transfer bus.... While queueing there are a lot of people offering to help you, and then want you to pay them for the visa! Free enterprise, and all that!
he did take Euro, so havig local currency wasn't a 'must'.
It may be worth checking out if your hotel has currency exchange facilities, the rates at the airport are pretty bad.
Enjoy.

If you are going to Sharm El Sheikh and as long as you are staying in that general area for your whole trip you can get a Sinai Visa which is free. However if you are diving while you are there you have to get a full visa.

You can get your visa at the Egyptian Embassy in Dublin.

www.embegyptireland.ie

You can get your visa at the Egyptian Embassy in Dublin.

www.embegyptireland.ie

Yes but it's not necessary to do so if you're holding an Irish Passport (or most other passports)... it's less hassle and cheaper to just buy it on arrival at the airport in Egypt - You can do this at all International Airports without any difficultly at all - you can buy it with €/$ or £ - just make sure you have relatively small denomination notes to hand as they give you change in EG£ at what's probably a very bad rate.

The situation is really much the same as Turkey where you just pay on arrival at the airport.

thanks a million for your help..

thanks a million for your help, i got in touch with the embassy and a visa takes a couple days so that great, better safe than sorry i guess to have a visa with us instead of getting it in airport. we staying in luxor for 2 weeks.
thanks
lorr

hi

ya we are going with budget but they never once mentioned visa's to us or anything else when we booked!!!.
So i think i will get them in dublin before we go altogether to be safe..

thanks again