Visas For Australia; VisaFirst, USIT

iandublin2

Got a mail from a friend in Australia today. Something to think about for any of you thinking of heading out:

They are not taking any more independent skilled migration visas(ie you can work and live anywhere in oz), they closed it on monday.
VisaFirst are still trying to sell us independent skilled migration visas for 6500 AUS
That money is nonrefundable.
The only visa that we can look at now is the state sponsored visa(live in the same state for 2 yrs, and its only really for accountants doctors and IT people).
The trades are pretty much finished now, unless they agree to go to the back country etc,
Trade are on the back burner now, ie not a hope of getting a visa.
USIT use VisaFirst

Your comments are very timely ian...

As a travel agent I can't comment on my much bigger competitor USIT. I do know that the big sellers of Australia tickets are still giving the false impression that there'll be great opportunities in OZ on whatever sort of visa one gets. This is immorally misleading.

It is very difficult to get any type of job now in OZ - other than the most horrible, lowest-paid, bad-location type of jobs. ( Now of course someone will write about the great jobs that their friends just got last week on Bondi Beach !).

We tell our clients unless you have friends/relatives out there who can help you before you arrive then make sure you have sufficient funds to last several weeks. We have recently found that it is usually those who have freinds already in Oz who get jobs. But it's getting harder. (anyone with recognised qualification and provable experience in carpentry,plumbing, electricty etc stand much better chances. Also as prostitution is legal in some states that may interest some readers; I believe no certification or job references are required)

The only consolation to the tighter job market is that it's now MUCH cheaper to fly to Oz than ever before.

P.S. - Oz authorities are cracking down much harder now on any sort of job illegality.

Just wondering - are they still giving out the Work Holiday Visa's (if you are aged between 18-30), where you can work for a maximum of 6 months with 1 employer?

Your comments are very timely ian...

As a travel agent I can't comment on my much bigger competitor USIT. I do know that the big sellers of Australia tickets are still giving the false impression that there'll be great opportunities in OZ on whatever sort of visa one gets. This is immorally misleading.

It is very difficult to get any type of job now in OZ - other than the most horrible, lowest-paid, bad-location type of jobs. ( Now of course someone will write about the great jobs that their friends just got last week on Bondi Beach !).

We tell our clients unless you have friends/relatives out there who can help you before you arrive then make sure you have sufficient funds to last several weeks. We have recently found that it is usually those who have freinds already in Oz who get jobs. But it's getting harder. (anyone with recognised qualification and provable experience in carpentry,plumbing, electricty etc stand much better chances. Also as prostitution is legal in some states that may interest some readers; I believe no certification or job references are required)

The only consolation to the tighter job market is that it's now MUCH cheaper to fly to Oz than ever before.

P.S. - Oz authorities are cracking down much harder now on any sort of job illegality.

Yep I have heard few jobs there and even accountants cannot find work.
Could you tell me which airlines have got much cheaper- I have always found Malaysian airlines the cheapest but after taxes etc around the €1100 mark.

all ailrines have reduced price depends very much on outbound travel date - at present good airlines like Etihad are selling under 800. tell me date and I'll tell you price tomorrow.

USIT are scammers

Read the post and USIT charge way above the odds for flights and make you buy insurance which is way overpriced - don't bother going there.

Regarding the skilled independent visas - this program is still in existance and Australian immigration is still granting these visas so iandublin2 is wrong there about that.

However, the state skilled visa is a better one to get now as it is processed faster than the independent ones. Thats what they recommended for me.

They cannot control the changes that Australian immigration bring in. They can only advise on the best course of action based on the most up to date information.

I found them very helpful and they secured my visa for me.

Just getting ready to go now !

Back