VISA/ESTA for USA Business Trip

TTI

Hi,

I have a query about a USA VISA/ESTA requirements for business travel purposes. I am an Irish resident with my own Ltd company and would be planning to travelling for one week about four times a year to the USA, to visit a client for project delivery, presentations, etc.

The US company raised a query about VISA requirements but from reading the ESTA, which I currently have, I think I am covered:

You are eligible to apply for admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you:

Intend to enter the United States for 90 days or less for business, pleasure or transit
Have a valid passport lawfully issued to you by a Visa Waiver Program country
Have authorization to travel via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization
Arrive via a Visa Waiver Program signatory carrier
Have a return or onward ticket
Travel may not terminate in contiguous territory or adjacent islands unless the traveler is a resident of one of those areas
Are a citizen or national of one of the Visa Waiver Program countries listed below:

Thoughts?

Yes you can travel for business on your ESTA, you are not looking to take on employement there. Have done so several times without any hassle, CBP ask the purpose of your visit, you say business, they may then ask what business you will be doing, you don't need to be over-specific - what you have given below should suffice.

From the American embassy website:
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables citizens of participating countries to travel to the U.S. for tourism, business or transiting the U.S. for 90 days or less without obtaining a U.S. visa. There are currently 36 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program.

Back