Virus protection software

Westy29

Hi

I currently use Mcafee, subscribing every year and get real time updates etc.

Are there any free software packages that people would recommend and offer as good protection as some of the pay services

Thanks

+ 1 for Avast - so far.

Switched a few months ago from AVG - no issues with AVG other than it began to slow my PC up. Used it successfully for about 4 years I think.

yup Avast been using it for 4yrs now and no problems and almost daily auto updates.

Hi all,
Is there any point in having more than one system protecting a PC, or will the PC default to just one protector if more than one is loaded?
My McAfee subscription runs out in a couple of months and I'm considering my options. Thanks.

I think generally it is advised not to have more than one AV running on your PC due to conflict problems. I'm sure there are exceptions though. However generally it does seem to be OK to run an AV and a separate anti-spyware program. I do anyway.

Avast anti virus, Comodo firewall, Spywareblaster realtime protection and Mailwasher for e mail are my main sources of protection. Periodically I also run Crap cleaner, Smart defrag, Superantispyware, Malaware bytes and Tweaknow Reg cleaner. All of these are free.

Back