virgin media mobile ???

Frank

The 4 months free is very tempting even if I have to sign up for another year on tv and BB

Has anyone switched?

Is the service good?

The way phones have gone I think buying the handset outright is the way to go anyway.
Plenty of places selling sim free phones.

I am out of contract and touch wood the phone i have will do another few months at least.

Might I suggest TescoMobile SIM free @ €25 / per month on a 30-day contract?

http://www.tescomobile.ie/shoppingcart/index.aspx

+200 free web texts and 50 free international web texts monthly

If like me you don't believe you always need the latest whizz-bang phone (mine is an iPhone5 64GB bought 2nd hand 2 years ago) the this is phone plan heaven. Good service, the ability to switch to another supplier quickly without penalties and you can buy any phone you like any time you like. I priced my current iPhone with Apple in the UK as a trade in against a new iPhone and I've been offered £160 (€206). I paid €250 for it! Tied to a plan that includes the price of the phone, I don't have that flexibility.

I am a Tescomobile & Apple customer, I have no other connection with either organisation.

I hear you but seems to me I can have mobile free for 4 months then switch again.

Not according to my reading of the ad, but by all means call virgin for clarification.

Not according to my reading of the ad, but by all means call virgin for clarification.

What's your reading? Its a 30 day contract but it ties your other services - broadband and TV in for 12 months.

TescoMobile seem to have great prices for Sim only. I was thinking about going for the €15 per month, bill pay. I am currently paying €35 per month to Vodafone, but I do not use all the calls, texts or data each month, but they did supply my iphone over 2 years ago, I think I am out of contract at this stage. It seems that you can cancel the TescoMobile with one months notice, which is good. My problem would be coverage, I have good coverage with Vodafone.

Tesco is three,so ask people where you live/work what the reception is like for them .