Villa rentals

bobjim

Am considering renting a villa in the sun (maybe Portugal? Majorca?) next summer for a couple of weeks - has anyone any previous experience of this? I see some related threads but not a lot of personal experience.

I can find several companies (mainly UK-based) that do this so would appreciate any guidance on which ones are good, pros/cons, suggestions etc etc.

Thanks,
BobJim

did it last year in portugal - best way to spend a couple of weeks in the sun - we hired a three bed villa between 4 adults, 2 children (5+7) and a 1 year old - the one we hired was here - [broken link removed]

The company are absolutely top quality - everything catered for and sorted out - location is fab - only 15 minutes from Faro, 5 minutes beach and a great mix of good restaurants (Almancil and surrounds), very family friendly and great beaches. Also great for the kids as very easy watch them around pool and on the grounds.

Would highly recommend Prime Properties to anyone.

Also villa holiday is fantastic and not that expensive when you work it out - Villa + flights (aer lingus + ryanair both fly into faro daily) for 7 worked out about €5200 - compare that to a smelly apartment package holiday for 7 !!

I for one will never apartment holiday again !

Hi Bobjim,

I've used Vintage Travel (UK based) on two occasions in the past seven years. Absolutely top notch.....You get 'what it says on the tin' ! They are very forthright in their description of the properties and will not dodge tough questions. I suspect that they may be more expensive than other options but you gets what you pays for !!

r2d2

Hi,

Have just come back from Portugal, where we rented a villa in Vilamoura near Alburferia(15km away). We stayed in a lovely villa called Rosie Rei rented by a company called silverholidays.com. We were three couples and everybody had their own bathroom etc. It also had a pool. Fantastic town with marina etc and good public transport that goes right past the villa. I would highly recommend it. I can PM other details if you like.

Susan