Vilamora in Portugal

M

Mumofone

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this part of the Algarve. We are thinking of going there for a week in May. Don't want to go much further than this part of the Algarve either as I will be approx. 27 weeks pregnant and don't want to drive to far from the airport.

Any feedback will be welcome.

Thanks

We were there last year and I thought it was a nice location a little more expencive than other areas food and drinks wise but it is very close to the airport and it has a very nice marina to stroll around at night, so it could be just what you are looking for ,

Hi Mumofone,
was there last year in March and also in June about four weeks in total so I would have a reasonable amount of knowledge on Vilamoura and surrounding areas.
We absolutely love Vilamoura and The Algarve in general.
We are going back there again in July and also up to the Lisbon Coast for a few days.
If there is anything in particular you need to know,i would be happy to help in so far as i can based on our experiences.

Ordinaryman.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this part of the Algarve. We are thinking of going there for a week in May. Don't want to go much further than this part of the Algarve either as I will be approx. 27 weeks pregnant and don't want to drive to far from the airport. Any feedback will be welcome. Thanks

Stayed there for a week about four years ago, treated ourselves to the Marinotel, lovely hotel, excellent choice of food and bedroom had a great balcony overlooking the marina.

We chose Vilamoura because it was relatively close to Faro, didn't want too much travelling - it's perfect from that point of view.

I don't know if the place has become more developed since I was there but four years ago there wasn't a whole lot in it, we'd covered most of the restaurants around the marina after 3 or 4 days! (ie lunch and evening meals). Not many shops either.

It is quite expensive, plenty of well-to-do Portuguese bring their yachts/boats there and eat in the restaurants in the evening, so they know how to charge. The upside is there is a distinct lack of lager louts :) And Figo has a bar there!

It was pleasant enough for a relaxing week, if that's what you're looking for....which I'd guess it is at 27 weeks pregnant! Not ideal if you're looking for something livelier (although golfers love it, plenty of courses in the area).

PS The most shocking 'entertainment' was watching tourists get off the boats/ships they'd taken for a trip around the coast, most of them fried to a cinder. :eek:

Thanks for the replies folks. Think all I will be able for is millionare watching and laughing my ass of at the burnt ones.....am going to reeellllaaaaaxxxx before baba no. 2 puts in an appearance.

Back