Viking Direct - next day delivery problems

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I needed a couple of USB sticks.

Viking Direct's website said that orders before 5 pm would be delivered in Dublin the next day.

I ordered Thursday morning.

They sent me a tracking number which went to a dead page.

They did not arrive on Friday.
They did not arrive on Monday.
I emailed them today and I got a reply saying that they would be delivered by 6 pm today.
I followed up asking why they were not adhering to the promise made on their website.
They did not reply.
They were not delivered today either.

I have now cancelled the order and got the following message:

If they do arrive tomorrow, I will probably not accept them.

But it looks from this message that Viking have a policy of not collecting items of a low value which are returned.

Brendan

Please let us know if it arrives. I have one of the Cruzer 16 GB USBs and find them handy. Would likely order another. Don't need it urgently.

In my experience (living in the sticks mind you) the vendors make promises that their delivery-men don't keep. To reduce costs, couriers will want to bundle deliveries to a specific location. There's no money in delivering small quantities of low-value goods from one side of Dublin to the other.

I can get a better delivery service and better pricing from vendors in the US, Germany and the UK than I can from Irish suppliers. Try pricing "Sam Henry's Songs of the People" in paperback from Easons and amazon.co.uk. for example.

I haven't ever got any freebies though so maybe a policy review is needed!

Back