Views on aerlingus/Ryanair sales.

thedaras

Based on the present situation and the hesitancy of people to book flights ..what are your views as to Aerlingus and Ryanair etc having a sale?

They have discounts on some flights at the moment,but only up to june 30th.

Have any airlines had sales that include July and August this late in the year?

I wonder if they will encourage /tempt people by offering a good deal on flights.
I would usually have booked my flights by now, but am hesitant...waiting to see how the ash situation pans out..and may book a ferry.

Airline sales

Aerlingus have done 2 sales so far this year with up to 30% off most destinations up to Oct 2010, on the 2nd one we booked Lanzarote and saved about 100euro for 3 of us to fly in September. Apart from that its all small sales to europe/uk cities i think. Depends where you want to go, chance flights can go up as well so hard to know what to do!!

Aer Lingus sales are a joke - with their recent campaign to pay zero for the flight (i.e. if ash hits, they pay nothing back) their taxes and charges are so exhorbitant that it's not worth it. Probably best thing for this summer is ferry to the good weather.

Aer Lingus sales are a joke - with their recent campaign to pay zero for the flight (i.e. if ash hits, they pay nothing back) their taxes and charges are so exhorbitant that it's not worth it. Probably best thing for this summer is ferry to the good weather.

But if ash hits they will refund the taxes and charges I think since if they didn't fly they won't incur the government charges. So even with zero seat cost if your flight is cancelled you get the refund of what you pay.

Looks like I may end up booking the ferry!
However does anyone know, if in the past Ryanair and or Aerligus etc have had any sales that include travel in July and August?

I was browsing a number of destinations in their autumn sale and it looks as if they have increased their taxes to/from certain destinations. Their taxes are a joke especially when you know that a number of countries have decreased their taxes to help their tourism trade. Aer Lingus have not passed these on.

Why are they charging €44 in taxes for flights from Amsterdam to Dublin when the Dutch tax has all but been eliminated/

[broken link removed]

Back