Viewings in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

what exactly is the question?
Are you asking whether people view properties in October?

what does that symbol mean ?

Know market is slowing down and people aren't very enthusiastic at the moment, so wishing people luck and see what is out there.I know we're dragging ourselves out a bit,anyone else?

what does that symbol mean ?

Know market is slowing down and people aren't very enthusiastic at the moment, so wishing people luck and see what is out there.I know we're dragging ourselves out a bit,anyone else?

Do you like a morning drink?

wouldnt be in a hurry after reading this especially on the 'commuter belt' outside county Dublin

[broken link removed]

I'll ignore the need for insults from poster above.

Yes colc, prices are falling all over the place.Quite an uncertain time but does mean lots of negotiation is possible with prices.

So nobody else viewing any property then this w/e,not even new developments?

I would be a prospective "big house" trader upper but a couple of factors are holding me back (dispite cash in hand and need for a larger house)

Stamp plus costs - immediate 10% hit of negative equity in my price bracket when prices are at best stagnant (ahemm - softening??)

New build - that d@mned developer will flog the remainder stock next year at a discount to what I will get charged today - instant negative equity

So like half the country right now - I am bubble sitting - doing nothing...

Interesting. There's an article in the Indo today that says that 3 bed and 4 bed semi-detatched houses are making a comeback at the moment. Pointed to one development in Ashbourne where they sold 58 houses last weekend.

But, for us, as FTBs, the price of the house doesn't really matter, it's that we can afford the mortgage on it right now.

yes stamp duty is a killer,no doubt.It appears no shifting of the rates are planned for the future.

Agree as many posters have said the "stagnant" market is freaking lots of sellers out.Prices are crazy,so had to come down and will continue to do so,so understandable lack of enthusiasm viewing at the minute.

you are in a great position at the moment as FTB and sellers like ye ;-)

Went out to see the new Carlinn Hall development in Dundalk. It was about 3:30pm on Sunday and after launching on Friday they only had 6 houses left.

Went out to see the new Carlinn Hall development in Dundalk. It was about 3:30pm on Sunday and after launching on Friday they only had 6 houses left.

Not too long ago, new developments used to sell out in a matter of hours, now it takes days......

hi guys

That is till good going in Dundalk though,if that part of the country suits you

So few new developments of houses in Dublin and they sell fast or don't like them or overpriced.

We viewed a secondhand house.Worthwhile journey as we've now eliminated that part of Dublin as commute impossible for us.Big shame as really liked the house and estate but rest was a no-no.

anyone else view this w/e?

Status
Not open for further replies.