Vietnamese Visa

dusmythb

We are going to SE Asia in July hoping to visit Vietnam. Since a Visa will be required, what would be the best option to apply for one at this stage ? Should we send off our passports to the Embassy in London or wait until we get to Thailand. Our concerns with applying through London is that we may not get our passports back in time. On the other hand we're not too confident handing over our passports in Thailand.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Tks

I sent mine off to the embassy. I would imagine that if you do it now, you won't have any problems. It is also possible to acquire in Thailand/Laos/Cambodia - don't think there is much of a difference cost wise. However, you have to leave your passport in with an agency for a day or two (i think...someone who's done it can come back and confirm) or spend some time queueing at the Vietnamese embassy.
I was approaching it from the point of view that I wanted to make the most of my time away - so I just popped it in the post.

The london embassy was quite quick with the turnaround last year for us.

If you intend to do the Visa at point of entry, make sure you have your passport size photo's !!!!!