Vietnam on line visa application

Wexfordman

Quick query, anoy used this http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-cost.html or anything like this to get a visa for vietnam. I am traveling in 2 weeks (short notice, onyl found out over the weekend), and only other way to apply is via emhbassy in london, which i need to send my passport over etc, and am afraid it will take too long.

Just sounds a bit odd, that you can apply on line, and receive your visa on arrival in vietnam.

Thanks,
Wexfordman

Strange, I had posted a detailed reply yesterday but it now seems to have disappeared.

Yes, I have used a similar service 2 years ago - maybe even the same one you linked to, I have since deleted the emails. It does sound like a strange procedure but they do the job alright. Like you I was wary of sending my passport to the embassy.

Just follow the instructions on the website re photos, printout of the approval letter copy etc. On arrival at the airport you hand over passport, approval letter, 2 photos (plus a fee if I recall correctly) to the police. They will hand you back the passport with visa attached, then you can pass through the usual customs / police checkpoint. The processing could take some time, I think we waited about an hour altogether. Most of the other tourists on our flight had used a similar service to get their visas so it took a while to process everyone.

Good luck on the trip, it's a fantastic country which I hope to revisit some day.

Was in similiar position couple of years ago. You will pay a fortune with private companies. Call the embassy in london and explain. The extra they will cahrge you will still be cheaper.

Quick query, anoy used this http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-cost.html or anything like this to get a visa for vietnam. I am traveling in 2 weeks (short notice, onyl found out over the weekend), and only other way to apply is via emhbassy in london, which i need to send my passport over etc, and am afraid it will take too long.

Just sounds a bit odd, that you can apply on line, and receive your visa on arrival in vietnam.

Thanks,
Wexfordman

I intend going later this year and had seen this service recently. From my research it seems to be a legit service and gets good reviews online. It also seems to be a cheaper than going though the embassy in London. Unless you were to make a trip to London I would not be confident that they will get the visa (and passport) back to you in time.
Let us know how you get on.

Back