Vienna.

Bog Man

A neighbour has an opportunity to work in Vienna and was wondering would it be a nice city for somebody in their mid twenties to spend a couple of years in.How do Irish people get on with Austrians. Are there frequent cheap flights back to Ireland .

good food, beer, long hot summers, no Irish politics, bitterly cold winters.

You'd just need a fraulein for companionship.

Brilliant place. Austrians love English speaking people as they all love to practise their english. There's plenty of Irish people living in Vienna and it's a real good place. Lots to do, very safe and much cheaper than here!!!
When I was in my early twenties, I had friends from New Zealand and UK - they were over for a couple of years, and were loving it! One of them is still there....

Am from Vienna, by they way.

Vienna is a very beautiful city, full of magnificent architecture, great galleries, lots of music, stunning opera house. One of my favourite places for a visit, would I live there? - no, far too formal and very short on craic!

thanks for the laugh complainer!
i was there years ago for few days on an inter-rail and thought it an absolutely stunning city, often wondered why i haven't been back, maybe a springtime jaunt is required.

Back